Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lists about Lists...of Lists

I made a few lists. In my head. And listed the things I liked about the things on each list. (Feel Inception-ed yet?) But why stop there? So I made a list. Of all of my lists. I guess pulling staples out of 300 page files for 8 hours a day, getting ready to leave in 6 weeks for the best 18 months of my life will do that to you.

List 1: Things to do before I leave
Items here include a number of books to read (Harry Potter.....), a few movies (Harry Potter.....), people to see (Harry....i mean...uhhh....friends?), things to buy (warm clothes), food to eat (let's hear it for the green corn tamales!), and freedoms to enjoy (constant sunshine)

List 2: Good music to listen to while performing mundane tasks ANYTIME
Samples I suggest are Lost by Gorilla Zoe (preferably find a pair of Dr. Dre Beats for this one), The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel, Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes (who doesn't love whistling), and Electrify by Mutemath. No, I'm not by any means a music snob, nor will I ever pretend to be one. These are just ones I really liked. No judging.

List 3: Potential Halloween costumes
Boy Scout, Power Ranger, Missionary (jk jk), Jehovah's Witness (JK JK), Mario+Luigi or Thing 1 and Thing 2 or both-maybe even at the same time (you know who you are, this needs to happen)

List 4: Books to read! (In no particular order)
Harry Potter (heard of it? No? Oh...), The Hunger Games, The Infinite Atonement, The Help, Blink, The Book of Mormon. I'm open to suggestions, though time is running short.

List 5: Places to go hiking someday or again
Mt. Nebo, Zion's, Moab, Grand Canyon, Havasupai, a fourteener in Colorado, Sabino Canyon, Mt. Ranier

List 6: Lists that are relatively small but still important to me:
People who inspire me, what I still need to learn, what I have learned so far, life options, favorite family memories, the times people forgave me

List 7: Things to say to people while I have the chance
Because even though 18 months really isn't that long in the scheme of things, you never know how things will change. I want to say things because I know how things are now, I want to say them face to face, not in a letter or an email, and I don't want to hold it in and have it be too late. There's something about looking someone in the eyes and telling them that surpasses any other form of communication. Take that, Facebook. I'm glad I get the chance to have something significant like this come up otherwise I don't think I would be able to tell people the things I've been meaning to. No examples here, you'll just have to wait and find out.

1 comment:

  1. We LOOVE Edward Sharpey Sharp!! :) Haha when I was reading about the music section I was like, oh I should introduce Sara to them, then bam you already like them. Good work! Oh any your last section makes me realize you are a real live grown up and are going on a mission, and that we're not 14 anymore and just talking about what might happen, or talking about going to the lazy-boy store (if you know what I mean) etc. It's for real now! Love ya friend and can't wait to see you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete