Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So So Fast!!

Oh goodness!! Things are going so quickly. At the same time, days here are so long because we are so busy all the time. We got our travel plans last Wednesday and we leave Monday morning! Our flight is at 8:30 so we get to report to the MTC travel office at the lovely hour of 5 a.m. So nice. That means I'll be calling home around 8, so get ready. I made a list of things this time to write home so I wouldn't forget like I did on the last one.
Thanksgiving was awesome. We had breakfast for like an hour and a half so we all took our time getting ready. Then we had a devotional. We didn't know who it would be, all we knew was that it was a General Authority (BTW Elder Christofferson came last Tuesday) so we were excited to see our second GA in three days. We waited for a long time but we got in the squishy chairs and then we heard a great message from......Elder Russell M. Nelson and his wife. How awesome is that?!? She talked about following after the manner that the Lord shows us, not after the manner of men and he talked about Thanksgiving and giving thanks. The best part was he had us listen to the song "Alleluia" sung by the men of the MoTab and just think of home and our families and our charge as missionaries. It was a really powerful moment. Then we had a super awesome dinner, one of the elders in my district gave me the marshmallows from his sweet potatoes so that made me happy. We did a service project putting together first aid kits for people in the Sudan, had a Thanksgiving program with songs n stuff and then we had a surprise closing program. They gave everyone popcorn and then we got to watch the movie 17 Miracles. It was sooooo goood!! Watch it. I don't know why, but I was bawling through most of it. I guess I just starting thinking about everything they sacrificed, their lives, jobs, homes, and even family, to get to the temple and show their faith. All God asks of us is 18 months and He gives me a place to sleep, food to eat, doctors, and mission presidents to look out for me. It really isn't that much to ask, and it made me so grateful for what I have.
Guess what?? We get to host tomorrow! I didn't think we would get to since we aren't here that long but we do!! So if you know anyone who is coming in tomorrow, tell them to keep an eye out for me and I will take care of them and try not to get lost :)
Sometimes, the missionaries in my district, and especially my companion, can't quite get my name right. Usually everyone just ends up calling me Sister Chronicle. It's a good time.
Ok, I just wanted to tell you all, in the immortal words of Lil Mama on America's Best Dance Crew, "Y'all killed it." The day before Thanksgiving I got 3 letters and 4 packages. It was amazing!!! I felt so loved and so supported. THANK YOU. I am working on sending thank yous and replies to everyone but bear with me cause we really don't get that much time to write and stuff.

Did I tell you I get to play basketball?? I was dribbling a ball in the corner the other day during gym cause the sisters aren't allowed to play with the Elders when one of the girl trainers came up to me and told me if I wanted to play, she would play against me so I could get in a game. As long as we don't switch on screens or play any help defense and we guard each other, we can play!! So I've played a few times and it's really relaxing for me. I kinda suck cause it's been so long but it's still fun.

Ummm...... I think that's all I have for now.

K, bye!! Haha

Sister Chronister

1 comment: