Monday, July 9, 2012

There is a hell


That is one of the tactics discussed at our last district meeting. Only to be used after the whole "what are you willing to do and you won't see the results until you try it" approach. We'll see how it goes this week. Elders are so special.
 
Alright, so I have a new companion. Her name is Sis. Grenfell. She has lots of energy and smiles and talks all the time. She looks like Natalie Dance, reminds me a little of Taylor when she's talking to people (and especially when she practices speaking Spanish to people) and was roommates with Lara Thorpe (now Leber, haha) up at BYU. So that's cool. She is a way hard worker and I can tell it's going to be a really jam packed transfer with lots of miracles and lots of crazy stories.
 
The biggest thing happening this week is....Pohai is getting baptized!!! We worked out all the details with her mom on Sunday and it's happening this Saturday. This is a BIG FAT HUGE MIRACLE. Know why? Becuase this family has been a part member family forever, they have two kids left that aren't baptized, and Pohai is deaf. Hopefully you remember the story, but there is a couple that are deaf and they have been teaching her and she is getting baptized this weekend. Sisters have been trying to figure out how to get her on track for ever a year and it is finally happening.
 
I realized something the other day. God loves me. A lot. Otherwise, why would He send me to such a great mission where I meet such amazing people and get to be a witness to so many MIRACLES. I may have already mentioned this, but I keep a journal and I write a miracle in it every day. So I've been on my mission a while now but there is a miracle for every single day that I have been here. Now I get to look back on some of those days and I am amazed at how often miracles occur, whether it's big ones like someone getting baptized or a little one like the sun coming out. The reason that God does all of this is so we know how much He loves us and wants to bless us and wants us to return to Him.
 
So, to tie this back in with the title (grasping at straws here) while there is a hell, there must be opposition in all things, so that means there is a heaven too. BUT. Heaven is not a place, it's a condition (cool quote from church yesterday). We want to be in a condition that will allow us to dwell with God, to be with our families forever, and to have joy. Cause that's why we're here. Thanks, 2:25.
 
So I hope you have a great week and that you remember to look for the things that let you know that God loves you. Cause He does. And if you doubt it, ask. I promise He'll answer. Love you!!
 
Sister Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment