Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Babylon we bid thee farewell!!!


Yesterday was one of the hardest days of my mission. Because of Christmas being next Tuesday the missionaries all have to fly out today (Tuesday) and in order to make sure we had enough time for transfer meeting before they had to go to the airport, we had it yesterday afternoon. There is nothing quite like watching three of your companions stand and bear their final testimonies and singing "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" to them. Baylon, Eichenmiller, Robinson. Dead.

I think one of the most important and cherished parts of a mission is the relationships that you gain. I love the people that I have met here. They have changed my life. The hardest thing is to watch them leave. You know they'll be fine and their family is excited to see them and all that jazz but things will never be quite the same. As a missionary we have a unique little club we're all in. You understand each other because you're all in it. In it to win it. So it's hard when it's time for them to leave the club and go back to the world. You cry a lot. And your friends laugh at you and take pictures cause it never happens. So now that moment is saved forever on someone's memory card. Awesome.

My new companion is Sister Lee. She is my sister. Meaning, she was also trained my Balmforth. This is also the last transfer of her mission. Meaning I get to kill her. President is really making these family trees weird and uncomfortable (who wants to kill their only sister? Jeeez).

This morning we woke up to a fresh layer of, you guessed it, SNOW. Snow on the ground. In Tacoma. What the heck. I also woke up to being sad. Watching your friends leave sucks (see above paragraphs). Thank goodness for divine intervention in personal study. I asked for help from God today. Not in the way where you pray for patience so He gives you opportunities to be patient, but in the way that I just needed to hear some things today but I didn't know how to ask so I just asked for help. What do you know, everything that I was studying that day, exactly where I had left off from the day before, was exactly what I needed to hear today.

Endurance is a difficult thing. But it goes fast. I love this work. I love feeling the Spirit and learning and understanding and growing in the gospel. Christmas is next week. Don't forget why we celebrate it. Christ is the reason. Joy is the reward. Love you all.

Sister Chronister

PS.  At zone meeting last week I was called on to share my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Oddly enough I had been thinking that morning about the gospel and how much it really can change people. It is all over the Book of Mormon. It is all over the details of our lives. I love the gospel. It is so simple and it works. And it is all because of the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. 3 Nephi 27:13. It all centers around the Atonement. Now we must go do our part.

No comments:

Post a Comment