Monday, August 6, 2012

My chains are gone, I've been set free!!


Have you heard that song? It's a good one. Especially when it's sung by Josh Groban or a missionary choir. Last Monday we got a call at 10:20 pm from Sister Weaver asking my companion to be the director for the upcoming musical firesides put on by the missionaries. There is going to beone in every stake for the next few months. It's a chance for the members to see the missionaries en masse and for us to have a fireside all by us and all about Christ. So, that meant that we got to drive to every zone conference this week so that we could practice for the first one, which is this Sunday, the 12th. I got to go back to the blessed land of Silverdale on Tuesday, down to Olympia on Wednesday, and over to Tacoma on Thursday. Man, I was wiped, and all I had to do was go and look pretty and sing with everybody else. But, I might get the chance to accompany one of the songs, so that will be pretty exciting. Really, there is nothing that compares to a missionary choir, especially when they sing about Amazing Grace, Called to Serve, Battle Hymn of the Republic, and Because I Have Been Given Much. Should be awwwwwesome. I think Sis. Weaver is going to post some videos of us practicing on the mission blog, so look for it.
Ready for the big news, the one you've all been waiting for....?
JANE IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!
She came to church on Sunday and loved it. The ward has gethered her under their little hen wings. They love her and she loves them. When we asked her if she wanted to get baptized on Saturday she said, "I want this with all my heart. Let's go for it!" Best. Commitment. Ever. It's going to be a beautiful, beautiful day.
I had a cool experience at 2 of the zone conferences that we went to. President Weaver shared part of Jane's story over the pulpit. On Thursday, at my zone conference, he asked me to come up and share how she came to church for the first time. He didn't know this, but it was something that I really needed, to share what happened with her. This is one of those stories that you read about in the Ensign or as a missionary fable. Only this time it's real. It's real and it's happening and I get to be a part of it. How blessed am I to be able to be a front-row witness to this great miracle and many, many others.
The other day Jane told us how she went somewhere for a job interview and while she was waiting the secretary asked her is she was Christian. She said, "My name is Jane, and I'm a half-Mormon. Becuase I'm not baptized yet." Bless her heart, Jane my little half-Mormon. She's almost there.
The Book of Mormon reading is going great! I love reading it again. If you haven't in a while, you should pick it up again. Start at the beginning, Nephi's a cool guy. Anyways, gotta run. Love you!!
Sister Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment