Monday, August 13, 2012

Thank you, Jesus


Those were Jane's first words when she came out of the water. Then she asked if she could be dunked again.
What a weekend! Jane's baptism was Saturday afternoon. I've never seen someone more excited to be baptized. I went to go help her get ready and she was already sitting by the steps of the font, with her knees pulled up to her chest, just staring at the water and it finished filling the font and humming to herself. She looked so peaceful.
Then that evening the rest of the Tangaro family (Landon, Leticia, and Liam) were baptized, making them all members. It was awesome!! Both were very spirit-filled events, and I felt so so lucky to be a part of both of them.
THEN after the baptism we got our transfer call (this one flew by, I couldn't believe it was already time) and I was totally expecting to leave, but we are both staying! So that's cool.
Sunday, Jane and the Tangaro's were all confirmed. In the ward that Jane was baptized into the bishop invited her to come up and bear her testimony. She kept saying over and over again, my name is Jane and I'm a Mormon! She's so proud of it. Every time she calls she says it. She said she has no doubts that this is the true church. It has to be. I've never seen someone who so firmly believes in the truth of this gospel. It's so amazing.
That night we road-tripped down to Centralia, about an hour away, for the first missionary musical fireside. It was AMAZING. It was pretty powerful and so many people came to watch it. We all felt like we were floating on little Spirit clouds. I even got teary-eyed during one of the songs! Who knew that could happen.
I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. I feel like I've won the lottery cuase I get to spend so much time in Steilacoom. It's already been 4 1/2 months, and this will make it at least 6. Wahooo!! This really is such a great place to be and there is so much work. I am so blessed. We all are. Go Jesus. Love you!!



Sister Sara Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment