Tuesday, August 21, 2012

There is SUNSHINE in my soul today!


Cause apparently summer is already over, so I have to carry it in my soul instead of in the sky. One day it was hot and sunny and sweaty and the next it was cold and cloudy. Awesome.
 
We are continuing our baptism craziness. Robert, aka the happiest guy ever, got baptized on Saturday. It was funny to hear him giggling from the locker room as I was bearing my testimony about the joy of the gospel. Demar is getting baptized this Thursday. He and some friends sang "I Believe in Christ" in sacrament meeting. It was AMAZING!!! The last verse blows me away every time.
 
"And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: 'Ye shall obtain.'
I believe in Christ, so come what may."
 
We watched a video in our district meeting last week called "The Bridge." It was a very moving experience. It's about a man who operates a bridge for the railroad. One day, the rails don't quite line up so he has to go and hold a bar so the rails line up and the train can safely pass over to the other side, except that when he looks up, his little son is running toward him cause his wife needs him. He has to make the choice between his son and the lives of everyone on the train. Go look it up if you haven't seen it. It's the best analogy for the Atonement that I have ever seen. It's from the perspective of our Heavenly Father and shows just how hard that sacrifice was. The Atonement is something most of us will probably never understand fully. But, this was an amazing way to understand just a part of it, and how much love was involved in helping us on the train cross the bridge to live with our Father forever.
 
I am grateful for my Savior. He is the bridge, the light, the truth, and the way. And He loves me. What's greater than that? It's only through Him that we can make it through this life. Trust in Him always.
 
I hope you have a great week. Love you all!!
 
Sister Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment