Tuesday, January 22, 2013

REAL


I hope you know how real the opposition is.
And how much more real God is.
I knew coming on a mission would be hard.
I didn't know that I would be asked to go through this.
It's crazy how far the world has gone.
There is darkness everywhere.
At times it even seems like it might win.
That's a scary thought.
But we have to remember it doesn't solely rely on us.
There is someone greater.
Light will always overpower the darkness.
Even a match can't be snuffed out in the darkest of rooms.
In the world we will have tribulation.
But be of good cheer.
HE has overcome the world.
HE is our foundation.
HE has our back.
HE has already won.
The only fight that's left is the one for each individual soul.
It's up to you.
You can't control anyone else.
Just control you.
Do what you can.
Be who you need to be.
Fight.
Don't give in.
None of us are perfect but we can still try.
That's the point.
Love is the answer.
It's the light.
It's what will win and what will save us.
A little 9 year-old girl asked me yesterday what the Savior means.
I can't wait for to her to not just know from what I told her, but to find out through experience.
There is nothing like actually going through something.
People can share their experiences, their wisdom, their knowledge, their advice.
The key word is "their."
It's theirs.
Not yours.
Make it yours.
The Atonement is not personal until it becomes personal.
That which is to give light must endure burning.
You have been chosen for this.
It's not impossible.
But it's not easy.
There will come a time when everything you learn will be put to the test.
That's when it goes from faith to knowledge.
God is real.
Christ is real.
The Atonement is real.
I think I am beginning to understand.
 
Chronister.

No comments:

Post a Comment