Monday, January 28, 2013

Peter Pan

Think Happy thoughts.

Literally.

I'm going to the Happy Valley ward in Sequim, WA.
(Pronounced 'squim')
(I have to clarify that all too often. Crazy Washington names.)

I am also going to be a mother.
Yup.
Training.
Doubled-in baby mama.

I can't tell you how relieved I am.
As usual when the call came my stomach did a backflip.
Then when I heard where I was going it came back to me.
Relief flooded through me.
The light is at the end of the tunnel.
It's clearer now than it ever has been.
The night is always darkest just before the dawn.
Thanks Batman.

This last week has been a blur.
Don't even really know what we did, to be honost.
I got to babysit some greenies the other day while their comps went to the temple.
Preview of my life for the next 4 1/2 months.

This has been the most interesting 3 transfers of my mission.
The conclusion is the best part.
I came here to find God.
In order to find Him I had to ask where He was.
Joseph asked the same thing in Liberty Jail.
Kind of an ironic name for a jail if you ask me.
In the movie Prophet of the Restoration, Joseph is shown sitting in jail, suffering, wanting to know where God is and where is the pavilion that is covering His hiding place.
The next scene is a sunrise.
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment."
It didn't immediately solve all of his problems. 
It didn't even all come at once.
The sun came up, little by little like it always does.
Slowly the warmth and light come.
We panic when things don't happen in our time.
Hyrum asks Joseph how they are supposed to keep going.
"We trust Him."

Trust God.
He will not and cannot lead you wrong.
He might teach us and chasten us, ask us to do things we don't want to do, and call us to endure hard things.
But we can be assured that whatever the challenge is, there is a promise.
We will not be given anything we can't handle.
God is always with us.
Even unto the end.

God bless.

Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment