Monday, February 4, 2013

Baby Crosby!!


Oh man, the last week.
Crazy.
Sequim is far away from Tacoma.
My poor greenie.
We're driving around, seeing our area.
It's all rural, out in the sticks.
Lots of space between houses.
It's quiet.
I love it.
I think she's weirded out.
She's jumpy and afraid of the dark.
I'm working on curing her of that.
Knocking on sketchy doors and almost getting eaten by dogs.
I think it's just making it worse, actually.
Not much we can do about it though.
We are far, far away from the city.
It's peaceful here.
The Spirit is stronger.
Church was amazing.
There was so much love in the chapel.
Everyone is so excited to have sisters.
It's good to feel loved.
We have pretty much nothing to work with as far as a teaching pool.
Right before we came the elders were covering 2 wards.
Then each ward got their own set.
They just baptized their one really solid investigator.
She bore her testimony.
She is super legit.
So we are basically starting from ground zero.
It's fun.
It takes patience though.
It's hard remembering everything you need to do.
And it's hard fighting off those thoughts the adversary puts in your brain.
I got so programmed to thinking no matter what I did things wouldn't change.
That's not true.
Things can change.
God doesn't leave us hanging.
Sooner or later He brings forth the fruit.
He jsut doesn't tell us what it is or when we'll get it.
Oh, and I sang in transfer meeting.
Me and Grenfell.
In front of the whole mission.
I was scared out of my mind.
And I think I was shaking so bad I almost knocked the building down.
But I think it went well.
"Softly and Tenderly, Jesus Is Calling."
It's a great song.
Check it out sometime.
Back to mission things.....
The ward is awesome.
They had us sit on the stand yesterday so everyone could see us and so we would bear our testimonies.
My companion bore a really sweet, sincere testimony.
I got up and TTIP'd the ward and invited them to work with us.
Basically, it was one giant request for referrals haha.
I like our companionship though.
I feel like I'm this veteran, knows the tricks to the trade, pretty much has things under control.
(I say pretty much cause you never completely have everything under control)
She is out here going on faith.
Greenie faith is incredible.
I have over a year of experience to know what to do, what to say, how to react.
She is just out here because she knows she needs to be.
She's learning on the job.
Her faith is ebing tried every minute of every day.
And she's still here.
It's awesome.
I love new missionaries.
Training them is a blast.
I have a lot that I can learn from her.
At our new missionary meeting the AP's did a training with all of the trainers while the Weavers were with the newbies.
It was basically a WA-TAC love fest.
We talked about everyting WA-TAC.
It got me so pumped up to go do missionary work.
This is the greatest mission ever.
Sorry, rest of the world.
I love tracting now.
Sometimes it's still hard to get out of the car, but I always do it.
So much good this week.
I'm excited for the upcoming one.
Jesus is the best.
Love you.
 
Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment