Monday, January 16, 2012

Go Climb that Mountain

We're on a mountain theme these last few weeks. We had interviews with President last week and they went well. He's always really awesome to talk to and he told me in my interview that it was his hope to keep Sis. Balmforth and I together in Silverdale but nothing was set in stone. I was just really excited that he wanted to keep both of us here. Then after her interview.......wellllll......and our transfer call on Saturday..........We are getting a third companion, Sis. Soelberg. So. That's the mountain we get to go climb right now, for the next 6 weeks. The thing is, we knew it was coming after interviews and the more we thought about it and talked to some people about the possibility, the more it just made sense for her to come here. Yes, I was a little stressed when the call actually came, I couldn't bring myself to answer the phone, but we both feel really good about it. I'm excited to see how we will work together and make everything run smoothly.

Hmmmmmm...........Not a ton happened last week. That, and I forgot to bring my old planner so I can't really remember haha. Our investigator dropped us. She was super nice but told us that she was doing some soul searching and this just isn't the direction she wants to go right now. I wasn't very surprised at all. I'm glad she gave us a chance to teach her but she just wasn't ready for it. They're moving to South Carolina soon with the Navy and I hope that when the missionaries knock on her door there that seed will already be planted and she will be willing to listen to them or at least let them in her home.

That night was super crazy though with tracting and appointments and everything, but we had a church tour with a less active and her non member boyfriend and it went really well even though all odds were against it happening, including us not being able to use our chapel because of an addiction recovery program that was happening there that night (stake president requested that no one else be in the building), we had to get the keys, rearrange two other appointments, figure out how to get someone over to a member's house on base for a blessing, and everyone and their dog being at the church when we got there. Needless to say we were stressed but it went really well and we are going to meet with him again to teach him, but the only problem is that his schedule with the Navy is really sporadic and he's never sure what time he'll get home at night, but he said he wants to learn more. I'm super excited for it, he's a really nice guy and it was really cool getting to talk to him and learn more about him.

Funny thing of the week, this will make a few people in Taylorsville chuckle: Sis. Balmforth got a letter this week from her mom telling her that my email home last week was much more detailed than the one she sent and it was copied and pasted in the letter, so she sat there and read my email home and laughed at me while I made scrambled eggs (detail! haha). I laughed too.

Let's see...............<------Apparently I like those little dots a lot today, probably cause that's what is going on in my brain right now. I learned a lot studying this week. Can't really remember it, so we'll just leave it at the Book of Mormon is really awesome and you should read it. 3 Nephi 27 is a raelly awesome chapter that talks about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how each part of it (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end) all revolve around the atonement. Ok, so that's what I got out of it, but it made sense to me. Maybe one day I'll draw the picture for you. It's pretty.

Hope everyone has a good week. Write me a letter. That would be nice. Thank you to everyone who has so far. You are the bomb.com as my slightly outdated companion would say (don't hate, she's been gone a year and doesn't know what's in now). Love you!!

Sister Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment