Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can you both hear me?

"Hold on, let me put it on speaker phone.... Ok, we're ready."

"Sister Balmforth. I don't know if this is a surprise to you but we would like you to stay in Silverdale 5th and 6th one more transfer. How does that sound."

"That sounds great, President."

"Great. Sister Chronister."

"Yes."

"We would like you.........to stay in Silverdale 6th and 5th also."

"WOOOOOOOO!!!!! That is awesome!"

"Well....congratulations."

"Thanks President!"

So that was our transfer call Saturday night at 10:20. We are both staying in Silverdale!! Huge miracle, I thought there was no way it was going to happen, but it did :) Especially after he told Sis. Balmforth she was staying, when he said my name I thought my backside was packing out of here, but it's staying for at least 6 more weeks. We are so excited to stay with each other and so excited to work hard. A lot of good things are finally starting to happen here so we are ready to do our part.

Sis. Balmforth was still kinda sicky this week so I made her ramen pretty much every meal this week. She is terrible at cooking. Who messes up ramen? That's right, my companion does. So now I even make her cereal for her, cause I'm so dang nice. The other day she told me my milk to cereal ration was perfect. Why, thank you! That was funny.

Some pretty cool stuff happened this week. We got a call from the elders one night. They are teaching this girl who is engaged, in her early 20's, and had questions about modesty and what to wear to church. She said she wished there were sister missionaries in the area. They said there were. She kind of joked that she wishes they could take her shopping to show her what to buy for church. They said we could. So..........we took an investigator shopping. It was pretty funny the elder I talked to said, "So, can you text her and meet with her sometime and help her out with lady stuff?" Haha. Have I ever mentioned how much I love shopping?! (Sarcasm anyone....?) Sis. Balmforth is the same as me. Of course it would be the two sisters who hate shopping the most who take an investigator shopping. Anyways, it went really well, we talked to her about clothes and stuff, she was pretty on board with it, and we found out some of her concerns about going to church so hopefully that will help the elders work with her more.

Last night there was a youth musical fireside that they put on for the close of their youth conference. We decided we could go and check it out. Church was long that day and one of our appointments was completely chaotic and we needed a spiritual recharge. It was so good!! The coolest part was seeing one the less active girls we are working with there. She is in the YSA ward and was there playing the piano for them. We've been working with her since I got here and I love her to death. She's overcome a lot of things and had to make a lot of changes in her life. During one of the songs, I looked over at her and she was holding the music for the other pianist and singing along with the youth choir. I couldn't stop smiling. Then on one of the songs she busted out some crazy piano skills that I didn't know were there. On the last song, the other pianist was playing and she grabbed the sheet music and went and stood with the choir and sang with them. At that point I got tears in my eyes. That is what the gospel is all about. Seeing someone's life change for the better, seeing the light come back into their eyes. That was so cool.

We finally got to teach Zebediah this week and we got to teach him the Plan of Salvation. That morning we were trying to plan the lesson and we were getting kinda frustrated with it because it's a hard lesson (for us) to teach. It's so easy to complicate and go off on crazy random tangents. We got to the point where we just decided we were going to talk about how this plan is for us because Heavenly Father loves us and it is the way for us to get back to Him. When we taught him, it went differently than we planned because his friend who is a member was there and talked a lot, but that was good too. At the end of the lesson, we brought up baptism again. The Spirit told me to do it. We didn't commit him to anything about that but I think it's something he needs to keep thinking about.

We also both got to speak in church yesterday. We got a call from the bishop on Wednesday that they had a last minute cancellation and he wanted us to speak on the power of the scriptures. We decided not to throw each other under the bus, so we split the 15 minute time slot. We both ended up speaking for about 10 minutes cause the whole meeting went a lot faster than we would have liked, but I really loved planning for and giving that talk. I found a way cool scripture the other day while I was reading one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. I was reading Alma 7, where verses 11-13 talk about the atonement, and at the end of the chapter was verse 23:

"And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive."

Sometimes I forget that God wants me to pray and ask for things. I think I can do it all on my own, and I want to do my part, but the Lord knows we can't do it on our own and He will fill in the holes, we just have to remember to ask him, whatever it is that we need help with. So I think that was about everything that happened this week. 6 more weeks in Silverdale! I can't wait :) Love you all, have a great week!!

Love,

Sister Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment