Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spoon Feeding and a Sick Shifty

Hello there. This week was so weird. Wanna know why? Probably, that's why you read this. Anyways. Tuesday we had Zone Conference. Lots of new and exciting things happening in the mission, including (this is my favorite) NO TRACTING ON PDAYS!! They want to give our full day from 10-6 and give members time with the missionaries so Mondays are now Member Mondays. It's great. I'm pretty happy about it. Also, we still get transfer calls on Saturday night but transfer day won't be until Wednesday mornings. Crazy business, but I think it will be great. And, it means I get an extra 2 days out of this transfer :)

So, Tuesday night was the Finnegan's 45th wedding anniversary and a few people from the ward threw a surprise birthday dinner for them. It was way cool and we got to see pictures from their wedding day. They are so dang cute. Then, Wednesday morning, I woke up and had the most monster headache of my life. I tried to study and Sis. Balmforth tried to go get ready, but I ended up laying on the floor and she ended up sitting at the table and neither of us could move until we just went back to bed and slept the rest of the day. Literally, the rest of the day. We couldn't move. We both got blessings that night and stopped by the YSA activity night so they could celebrate with the Finnegans for a few minutes, but everyone there kept saying we looked like death, so we went home pretty soon. Thursday we tried going on base for a little bit, no one was home and we still felt super tired and sicky so we went back to the Finnegan's place and rested some more. We didn't want to push it and make things worse. Friday I felt pretty good, we had a few appointments set up that we were really looking forward to, but Sis. Balmforth still wasn't feeling better. One of the appointments had to cancel , so we called Sis. Weaver and she got a doctor's appt for the exact time we would have been meeting with our investigator. Then our morning appt cancelled and so we only had one other appt with an investigator that afternoon to worry about. We went to the doctor, Balmforth has a weird virus or something (there is something going around up here, everyone is sick and it sucks) where she can't really eat and her neck hurts. So that afternoon, I called our Relief Society president, Sis. Cunningham, and she went with me to visit Allison. Allison didn't go to church last week and we hadn't seen or heard from her in a while. When we got there we talked a little about baptism and she said it's a big commitment and she isn't sure if that's what she wants to do. She likes church and learning and reading, but she doesn't want to make a mistake about it. I told her that's totally understandable and we'll keep meeting with her and working with her, we like talking to her. So it will take a little longer than we originally wanted but that's ok because it's her life and her decision. Our job is to invite the Spirit, teach her truths, and be there when she is ready to make the commitment. I got back from the appt and Balmforth looked at me and goes, "Dude, you smell." Allison smokes, I couldn't help it. I did smell though.

Saturday rolls around and Balmforth feels better, but just barely. She decided she would try and eat something, and she wanted ramen. So I made her some while she sat on the couch, and then I had to force feed her. For reals. Like, one spoonful of ramen at a time. And she kept crying cause she didn't feel good and didn't want to eat, but she knew she had to. It only took her THREE HOURS but she did it, she finished the ramen. If that wasn't my good deed of the century, I don't know what would be. Then a sister who used to be in Silverdale called to ask something and we found out she was sick too, but her comp wasn't. They are just about 20 minutes away from us, so we decided to do a sick shifty. President gave us the ok and they came over so the sick one, Sis. Baylon, and Balmforth could chill on the couch and the healthy one, Sis. Welch, and I went out and worked for a few hours. It was pretty cool, I had never been on an exchange before. There is always something you can learn from other people. I was grateful that I got the chance to go out for a little while.

So, as far as our investigators.....Allison is hesitant now, but we are still meeting with her and working with her, just not currently focusing on getting her on date for baptism. Zebediah finally decided that he would give us a chance to teach him. We were supposed to teach him on Friday, but he was the one who had to cancel, some family he hadn't seen in a while came into town. But, we should get the chance this week and we are really excited about that. We haven't seen Sonia in a while, but she isn't progressing very much. It can be hard to help people understand why you care so much and why it's so important. In fact, I asked Sis. Welch that while we were out working on Saturday because one of the people we met with was not understanding that. I liked her answer. She said all we can do as missionaries is invite the Spirit and testify. The rest is up to them. Agency sucks sometimes, but we all have to have it.

I think that's all I have for now. We are ready to work super hard this week. It's the last week of the transfer and there are so many things that need to be done here in Silverdale. I have no idea what is going to happen next transfer, but I don't want to take any chances either way. I want to work hard to see a miracle happen while I'm here with Sis. Balmforth. I have no doubt that it will. Hope everyone has a great week. Miss you and love you!!

Love,

Sister Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment