Saturday, September 22, 2012

I saw Canadaaaaa


Not a bad week for only having basically 4 work days available to us. Last Tuesday we had the chance to go up to Zion's Camp in Belfair (which, in case you are wondering, is forever away from nowhere, but not as far as Port Angeles....which we also went to). We did a bunch of ropes course, team building stuff. I was pretty hesitant because it involved 30 sisters in the middle of the Washington forest together for a couple hours, but it ended up being a really great experience. I came home with plenty of bruises and sore muscles, but with a greater understanding of my purpose and the things that I need to do in order to help others. I think that's one of the biggest lessons we can learn, is that before you can help other people you need to be able to help yourself.
 
I got to go back and see all of my people in Silverdale!! It was so great. I felt like I really needed that this week. I'm facing leaving Steilacoom in a week or so and it's sad and hard to leave, but going back and having all of these people that I love remember me and miss me and want to talk to me helped me feel a lot better about leaving here. The missionaries always have to leave but the ones you love remember you. I've been to a few of the firesides now, but the one in Silverdale was the best for me becuase I LOVED the people that I was singing too. Not that they could hear me individually, but it made me sing better and with more feeling because I wanted them to know that I love them and I love my Savior. It was so great. Sunday night was interesting. Port Angeles is way the heck out in the middle of nowhere, but it is so beautiful!! I loved seeing it. And, I got to see Canada! Gooood times haha.
 
Our wonder-investigators Nikki nad Meaghan are so awesome. Nikki went up to Deseret Book the other day and knew that Sister Grenfell and I both really wanted copies of the D+C church history dvd's and they were on sale and she bought us each a copy of it. She's only been an investigator for like 2 weeks!! So legit. They're getting ready for baptism, probably next weekend. Nikki's husband gave the ok, and he's cool with Meaghan getting baptized too. That was such a huge miracle, one that we had been praying very, very hard for.
 
There's a quote in PMG that talks about how the study of doctrine improves behavior better than the study of behavior improves behavior. Try it. I know it works. It has helped me so much the last few weeks to study pure doctrine and the life of my Savior. I feel like I know Him so much better and I have such a stronger desire to be like Him. That doesn't necessarily mean that I am, but I want to be, so little by little it will happen as long as I keep putting forth the effort.
 
We're working really hard at finding new people to teach. Things have been slow and we're hoping and praying that things pick up. I really want to leave the area with a solid teaching pool so there isn't a gap in the work when I leave and the new sister gets the shaft and has to do tons of work for something that I should have taken care of. Gotta leave it better than when I came.
 
Hope you are all having a great week. Love you!!
 
Sister Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment