Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Emaaaaaaaaailllll


You know, as time goes on, it gets harder and harder to want to email every week. I think this is when minor flashes of ADD come in. It's really hard to focus on anything. MY BRAIN IS MUSH.
 
Oh my goodness, this last week was a beast. I am so tired. We have worked so hard to see so many things happen and everything fell through. It was just a lame week. So I'm going to move on to happier/more spiritual things.
 
Last night we, again, had a missionary fireside. As I sat and listened to the prelude music, Be Still My Soul, I felt an overwhelming peace come over me and rest in my heart. Everything that I had been carrying around for the last few weeks was lifted away. My soul was finally still. I know that the peace that I felt can only come from God. As we moved through the program I was so grateful that I got to be there to just feel the Spirit and to testify of Jesus Christ. It was pure religion, pure testimony, pure love. Again, I reflected on my recent studies of the life of Jesus Christ. Coming to know Him has been the most rewarding experience I have ever had. My life truly has been changed by Him.
 
My whole outlook on my Rock has changed. I used to turn to others to help me or pick me up when I was down, but now I rely on God. I have personally seen the power of the Godhead, working together in unity for the fulfillment of man, in my life. My Father has blessed me with my life, my family, a plan, and a way. My Brother ransomed Himself for me, someone who is proud and unholy, short tempered and impatient, afraid and too often unwilling. My Comforter has strengthened me, pacified me, put words into my mouth, revealed truth to me, chastened me, and purified me. They are One: One in purpose, to bring ME happiness and to lead me back home.
 
We heard from President Weaver yesterday just a little preview of some of the changes that will happen with the new missionary ages and things. He said, "This is a new age. prophecies are being fulfilled. The church is coming our of obscurity and we can never go back. And we are part of it." That hit me like a ton of bricks from the top of the Tacoma Dome. We can never go back. The work of the Lord will go on, and no unhallowed hand will stop it. And we get to be a part of it. What an incredible time we live in. Bring it on. I'll let you know more when we get more details, but rumor has it missionaries will soon be coming straight to the mission field because the MTC will be too full. Just a rumor though :)
 
Have a great week. Keep up the good work. Remember who you are. Choose the right. Hold to the rod. Etc.
 
Sister Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment