Monday, October 15, 2012

We got shot at every morning . . .


By the guy with the card scanner at the gym. Just thought I'd give you a little scare. We are in Tacoma and it is almost Halloween after all. Anyways, we go to the gym every morning bright and early. It sucks getting up and going, but once we're there I appreciate it. It helps me not fall asleep during personal study.
 
Oh, yeah, it was my birthday this week. Thank you thank you for all of the letters. That was definitely my favorite part. That and when we had a lesson with Kasondra, our investigator who is in a wheelchair, she didn't want to pray at the beginning of the lesson, at all, but by the end she decided that she would say the prayer for us. Wahooo!! I never would have thought a year ago that I would be so excited about someone saying a prayer. Other than that, it was a pretty laid back day, which is totally fine by me. No big celebrations, no center of attentions, just missionary work and letters. Oh, Washington finally decided to be Washington again and on my birthday it decided to rain for the first time in something like 82 days. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
 
So yes, fall is finally here. The summer was great, but now it's back to the misty grind and things are looking great here in Tacoma. Our people are starting to be more solid, we have more things to do during the day, and we don't get lost anymore!! Miracles.
 
Oh, so last Tuesday Sis. Robinson got a call from one of her recent converts in her first area. They were going to the temple to be sealed as a family and they wanted her to come! And, of course since she is a missionary and needs a companion all the time and there were no other sisters in the mission who knew them, I got to go with her! On Thursday!! Early birthday present, and I couldn't have asked for anything better. It was the first time I had seen a sealing and it was awesome. I loved just being in the temple and feeling the Spirit and not wanting to leave haha. So cool.
 
We had Stake Conference this weekend. At the Saturday night session (which one of the people we're teaching went to out of pity so we could go too, so kind) they invited a young man to get up and bear his testimony. He just got his mission call to the Nevada Reno mission. I couldn't help but think that he has no idea how much his life is about to change. Then I started thinking about how much my mission means to me and all of the great things that I've been able to see.
 
Every day I get to go out and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I get to study His life and His teachings and strive to become more like Him every day. I get to wear a name tag that has my name next to His. My mission has changed my life and I never want to leave. Washington has become such sacred ground for me. I thought of what it would be like to come back and see everyone--and it scared me haha because I don't want to not be a missionary. I will just stay here forever, I think. I love my Savior. I love the gospel. There is so much to be thankful for.
 
We finished reading the Book of Mormon as a mission this last week. That book is amazing. We read it with our companions out loud, and that was a really incredible experience. We actually finished it this morning and as I read Moroni's final words, for the umpteenth time in my life, I could feel, burning in my heart, the truth of that book. It changes lives. If you want proof, you're looking at it. Look all around. Read it. You'll never know until you try.
 
Hope everyone has a delightful week. we certainly will. Love you.
 
Sister Chronister

No comments:

Post a Comment