Monday, March 4, 2013

You're going to . . . No Transfer!


Happy Valley. In other words, I'm staying. So is Baby Crosby.
Ha. Everyone calls her that in my emails to me.
She doesn't know that yet. But she'll get a kick out of it.
 
I want to say something about fasting really quick.
I still don't understand it.
It's something that is beyond me exactly how it works, I just know that it does.
Sort of like the Atonement, only the Atonement I understand even less than fasting.
I have learned over the past few months though that fasting really works.
I didn't really like it for a while. I think it's because I never saw how powerful it can be. Now I've seen it.
Anytime you feel a prompting to fast, do it. I wasn't planning to this week, and I'm not trying to get all Pharisee up in here, but when I felt prompted to fast I did it and I don't regret it one bit. We feel closer to God and He is then able to bless us with more revelation and guidance.
We had stake conference this weekend. The stake president gave a great talk about one thing we can do to better receive revelation:
REPENTANCE.
It's more than just turning away from our sins and bad habits.
It's turning towards God.
 
We had a mission-wide challenge this week to have 75% of our lessons with investigators with a member present.
We didn't quite make it, but it was a lot better than the past few weeks. Why? We tried to get memebers there.
We are taking laurels tracting with us.
Members are taking us out to go follow up with people.
We are visiting with members more.
And it pays off.
The more you see members, the more they want to help you.
We have been so blessed here. Chirstlike people abound and their desires to spread the gospel are incredible.
End of the week, we had 7 referrals. Not sure how it goes in other places around the world, but usually 2 or 3 is good here.
Seven. 7. Siete.
Including one that was a phone call at 8 in the morning letting us know that they had made an appointment for us that evening with someone.
What.
Cool.
The gospel is infectious, and as President Weaver said, the coolest thing you will ever hear.
Moral: share the gospel by sharing your friends. Nothing beats that.
This is a labor of love people, so you might as well labor for those you already love. Then you can work on the ones you only like.
 
We're out in Forks today. Yep. I finally made it here. And the sun is shining.
Gonna go see some Twihards. Have a great week.
Much love.
 
Chronic


No comments:

Post a Comment