Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sealing in Seattle




What a weekend.
It was an experience that I never thought I would have, but it happened. It was real.
The Tangaro family was an awesome family that I worked with in Steilacoom.
The parents were members, just really inactive, and four of their kids were not baptized.
By the grace of God we were somehow able to meet them, bring them to church, teach them, and see them all baptized last summer.
You probably remember the stories/pictures. If not, that's ok.
The parents were endowed about a month ago and this weekend they all went to the temple and were sealed to each other as a family.
I was incredibly blessed to be able to go.
A member from our ward in Sequim (shout out to Sister Oliver and Sister Peet) heard we were trying to get to the temple and volunteered to take us.
Kingston Ferry to Edmonds. Seattle to Bainbridge on the way back. GORGEOUS.
As we pulled up we could see some people outside taking pictures. I looked closer and realized,
"THAT'S MY FAMILY!!"
We pulled around and I jumped out and ran and gave them all huge hugs. It was so good to see them.
Basically it was a really surreal experience. It's something you always hope will happen, but you're never completely sure until you're sitting in a room full of people you love seeing a small family all in white being sealed together for time and eternity. Few things really measure up to that.
And I may have teared up a little. Just a bit though.
I mostly just smiled.
The work is coming along here in Sequim.
We've spent a lot of time finding this week. Lots of tracting which, in these parts, mostly means walking and occasionally coming across a house. For the most part people are nice, and Baby Crosby is really funny so we keep ourselves entertained.
I have this dream of buying 25 acres of land out here and building a 20x20 house, growing hay, and keeping chickens, pigs, goats, and a donkey (they're very protective animals, keep the cougars away) and growing my own garden. Basically, be off the grid, if at all possible. I shared this with a recent convert and she handed me a book called "Tiny Homes" all about people who have downsized and live in, you guessed it, tiny homes. I was giddy.
I'm trying to think of some pearls of wisdom to share with you (coughcoughnataliecoughcough) since some people actually still read these letters.
The other day Crosby was talking about how she had a hard time when she first got here, but what really helped her stay was how much I loved my mission and being a missionary.
That made me so happy.
If there was one thing I would want her to understand, it's that. Your mission will change you for the eternal good if you love it and if you let it and if you learn from it.
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.
That's all.
Chronister.


No comments:

Post a Comment