Monday, April 1, 2013

E.a.S.t.E.r.



Easter Sunday.
It was a fun day at church.
Crosby and I sang in sacrament meeting. I'm turning into a regular performer here on the mish.
Not really, I still feel super uncomfortable doing it, and I look like I'm uncomfortable too.
One of the YW mentioned that to me today. Awkward. Some things never change.
Despite my awkward tendencies though, I pulled through and the Spirit provided the needed boost to really carry the message.
I know that my Redeemer lives.
Yup.
Easter is a fantastic holiday.
This was an interesting week for me. I have started doing a lot of pondering. It's now a regular occurrance for Crosby to come in at night and I'm laying on my bed, staring off into space and she asks, "Doing some deep thinking?" Yes. Yes, I am. For the most part it's not about in anything in particular. Just normal "end of something big" contemplation. I realized that I have been blessed with a lot of gifts while I have been on my mission. I don't say that in a "look at how cool I am cause God gave me all these cool gifts" but very humbly, I am grateful for the ways God has chosen to bless me. One of my fears is to lose those gifts when I come home and am released. I frantically write down everything that I study and hear, trying to ink it into my brain. I don't want to lose what I've gained. I don't want to go back to what I was before. I want to grow and progress from here.
The good news is that I can.
These things are not just promised to missionaries. God doesn't just give us things for a time and take them away. If we want them, He allows us to keep them. IF we want them. IF we work for them. Salvation, exaltation, is not an easy thing to obtain.
"Eternal life. It hurts to get there. But it's the only way to get there."
"The path tho salvation has always, one way or another, led through Gethsemane."
Nothing is unattainable for us. NOTHING. As long as we "look unto [Christ] in every thought. Doubt not, fear not."
In other good news, we have had some really sunny days, in which I actually heard from the mouth of Baby Crosby that it was "hot." It was 60 degrees. And I got a sunburn while we were out tracting, but it was all worth it becuase we met a dog named Jessie that followed us for a couple of miles and kept us company. It was sad to leave her behind when we had to go.
Have a blessed week everyone. Work hard at whatever you do.
chronister


No comments:

Post a Comment