Monday, April 29, 2013

Do what you want . . .

In honor of Pres. & Sis. Weaver

Until you're told otherwise.
I was sitting in sacrament meeting, up on the stand.
Rewind: Saturday night, we went to visit our bishop.
Like the good missionary I'm supposed to be I aks what we can do to help.
He asks when the last time was that I spoke in sacament meeting.
Resume story.
I'm sitting on the stand trying to think of what I'm going to talk about.
First off, I was weirdly emotional singing the opening hymn, "Hark, All Ye Nations."
I think it's my favorite missionary song.
I had 18 hours of notice and I am a champion procrastinator as it is.
Even in my personal study I could only get a somewhat vague idea of what I was going to talk about.
All I could think of was one sentence from PMG.
"By revelation, Adam learned of mankind’s proper relationship with God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost; of the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ; and of the first principles and ordinances of the gospel."
That's it. That's what the gospel is about. Receiving revelation about our relationship with God, the Atonement, and the gospel.
These things are restored to the world as a whole.
Then they are restored to us as individuals.
Christ works one on one.
The war for the sould of men is fought one soul at a time.
That's how much we matter.
We are sent out, by the thousands and ten of thousands, to go two by two and find the one.
GOD IS REAL.
Progress is slow with our people.
I've resorted to practically begging for miracles and new people to teach.
Now I have to live for it.
Go live for the things you want.
Ask, knock, receive, open.
It's up to you.
Chronister


No comments:

Post a Comment